Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What's Wrong With This Picture?



"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16 (NIV)  


Jesus knows the works of the Laodiceans--they reflect the true condition of the church. Hot water is soothing--cold water is refreshing--lukewarm water is disgusting and good for nothing. Jesus is about to spit them out! These people are in danger of being rejected by Christ! What's more--they don't even know it!

The Laodicean church described themselves as being rich, wealthy, and in need of nothing. Jesus described them as wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. This is scary--these people don't have a clue. They think their fine building and expensive furnishings are money well spent, when what they really should be buying is treasure in heaven. Their exquisite clothing and fancy jewelry mean nothing to Jesus--He wants to see them dressed in robes of righteousness. They are so blind, they think they have everything when the reality is that they are destitute. What is missing in this church is Jesus--this is the church of the Laodiceans, not the church of Jesus Christ! If Christ isn't in the church, can He be in their hearts?


"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and him with me."  (Revelation 3:20)















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com