Monday, September 24, 2012

Where is Jeremiah?



“You must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you.  And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and protect you.”  Jeremiah 1:7-8


In the Old Testament, God often used His prophets to confront the nation of Israel with their sins.  As I think about America, I know that God is not pleased with His people.  There is little difference between the Church and the world.  We no longer value marriage as a lifelong covenant, unborn children are not protected, we love money more than we love God, we are proud and refuse to forgive.  And that’s the short list.  1Peter 2:11-12 says, “I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.  Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us.”


My question is this:  “Where is our Jeremiah?  I am praying that God will raise up at least one prophet in America that will speak for God.  The sins of God’s people here are no less than those of Israel.  Does God not care?  Is there no one listening for His voice?  Or if they hear His voice, are they not willing to speak?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com