Saturday, September 29, 2012

Someone To Stand In The Gap



”I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land.  I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.  So now I will pour out my fury on them, consuming them with the fire of my anger.  I will heap on their heads the full penalty for all their sins. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!”  Ezekiel 22:30-31



God’s priests and prophets were corrupt and had led the people of Israel away from God.   Verse 26 says, “Your priests have violated my instructions and defiled my holy things. They make no distinction between what is holy and what is not.”  Leaders were destroying people’s lives for money and the prophets were covering up for them.  “Even common people oppress the poor, rob the needy, and deprive foreigners of justice” (verse 29).  Is this any worse than what goes on in America today?  Many pastors have blurred the line between right and wrong, greed has taken over, and the poor and needy are mistreated.   This is scary.  What if God is looking for just one person to stand in the gap for America?  What if no one answers that call?  Will America be destroyed for lack of just one intercessor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com