Friday, July 12, 2013

When God Stepped Down--Part Two

"Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart..." Psalm 24:3-4 (NIV)

From When God Stepped Down, by Duncan Campbell

"The praying, and the meetings continued for several months. Until one night, a very remarkable thing happened. There, knelling amongst straw in the barn, the barn of a farm house; when suddenly, one young man rose, and read part of psalm twenty-four: "Who shall ascend into the hill of God? Or who shall stand in His holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord". He shut his bible, and then looking down at the minister, and at the other men who were kneeling there, he said this, (rather crude words, not so crude indelicate), but this is what he said, "It seems to me just so much humbug. To be praying, as we are praying, to be waiting as we are waiting, if we ourselves, are not rightly related to God. Oh, my dear brethren let's take that to heart." He began to pray, "God, are my hands clean? Is my heart pure?", and that dear man got no further. He fell on his knees, and then on his face among the straw, and with in a matter of minutes, three of the elders fell into a trance. Now, please don't come to me at the end of this meeting, and ask me, "What I really mean by men falling into a trance?" I cannot answer that question. All that I know is this, that when that happened in the barn, (now it's happened in the Jonathan Edward revival; remember that. Not peculiar by any means to Lewis. It happened in America, it happened in the fifty-nine revival in Wales, not the nineteen-hundred revival, but the fifty-nine revival) this I can say, the moment that, that happened in the barn, a power was let loose that shook the whole of Lewis. I say shook Lewis! God stepped down. The Holy Spirit began to move among the people, and the minister (writing about what happened the following morning) said this, "You met God on meadow and moo land. You met Him in the homes of the people. God seem to be everywhere"."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com