Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What It Means To Be Set Apart

"You are to be holy to me because I, the LORD, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own." Leviticus 20:26 (NIV)

The following is a quote taken from The Wake Up Call by John Mulinde and Mark Daniel:

"People sometimes ask me what it means to be set apart for Christ. Simply put, being set apart means releasing myself into the hands of God and not believing that I have to be a victim to sin, to the world, or to the prince of the power of the air. As I give myself to Christ, there is victory in him, power in him, and authority in him. I do not have to submit to these things as though I am their slave. Being set apart is choosing to be free in Christ!"

God gives us victory, power and authority over sin so that we may serve Him effectively. As we surrender our lives to God, we want to run the race unhindered by sin. He is able, and more than willing, to give us victory over those things that keep us from being set apart for His purposes. Freedom in Christ means we are free to serve Him, and to turn our back on the world, our flesh, and the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com