Sunday, June 30, 2013

Praying in Faith

Jesus said, “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Mark 11:24

Faith is a requirement for God to act. Manley Beasley was a great man of faith. This is part of his testimony:

I began to realize that God was waiting on me to act on His revealed truth because faith is acting on the word of God. I must not only believe He can meet a need; I must begin to act as though the need has been met, even though I might not be able to see it, feel it, smell it, taste it or hear it. I must begin acting as if it is so, when it is not so, in order for it to be so, because with God it already is so.”

I believe this means that, when we have a promise from God through His word, we need to pray and act as though God has already done it because He has (Mark 11:24). It may not look as though He has, but we are to believe that we have that thing we have asked for (1John 5:14). God already considers it done and He will bring it about in His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com