Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Take It Personally




“The LORD says, “I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help.  I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me.  I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’ to a nation that did not call on my name.  All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people.  But they follow their own evil paths and their own crooked schemes.”  Isaiah 65:1-2 (NLT)


Imagine that your grown child is a busy executive, and that you stop by the office one morning just to say hello. The secretary announces your visit, but says that your son or daughter is busy at the moment and that you should have a seat in the waiting room.  One hour passes, then two, then three.  You decide to come back after lunch.  When you return, you wait patiently for another three hours and then ask the secretary to have your son, or daughter, call you at home.  The end of the day comes and you still have not heard from them.  How do you feel?  Sad?  Angry?  Unloved? 

Have you ever thought about the fact that the almighty, all-knowing, ever-present  God of the universe is waiting on you each day?  Let’s personalize the verses from Isaiah 65:1-2.  “The Lord says, I was ready to respond, but you did not ask for help.  I was ready to be found, but you weren’t looking for me.  I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’ to you but you did not call on my name.  All day long I opened my arms to you, but you followed your own wicked path…”  Is that any way to treat your Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com