Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pray For Our Pastors



“Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.”  Ephesians 6:19


In these verses, Paul is telling the Ephesians how to pray for him.  I think these are excellent words to pray for our pastors.  I once heard someone say that a church will never be more spiritual than its pastor.  Those of us that want to see revival should be praying fervently for these men of God, that God would bring personal revival to their hearts and that it would spread throughout their congregations.  I’ve never heard of a revival that caught fire without the pastor!  If your pastor seems to be asleep at the wheel, God is perfectly able to wake him up through your prayers.  And don’t just pray for your pastor, but for pastors all over America.  Here are a few other suggestions:
  • Pray they will be drawn into a deeper walk with God through prayer and God’s Word
  • Pray their hearts will be broken over the spiritual condition of their churches
  • Pray they will have God’s priorities with their time
  • Pray for their marriages and family relationships
  • Pray they will be equipped and empowered by God’s Spirit
  • Pray they will be humble in God’s sight
  • Pray they will fear God and not man
  • Pray they will have courage to say the hard things
  • Pray for protection from the enemy’s schemes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com