Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Never Knew You


"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' Matthew 7:21-23 (NIV)


These may very well be the saddest verses in the New Testament. Some of us, some of our loved ones, are deceived in believing that we are in right standing with Jesus--the one to whom we must one day give an account. There are people who call Him "Lord" who will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Maybe you sit next to them in church on Sunday. Some have even prophesied and done miracles in His name--but that does not guarantee their salvation. What is the evidence of an authentic relationship with Jesus? Our obedience says that we know Him, and are known by Him.  Read what God says through Jeremiah:

"Thus says the LORD: 'Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;  let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.  Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com