Friday, April 19, 2013

Death to the Flesh!


"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 (NIV)


This is the key to the Spirit-filled life--crucifying the flesh so that the life of Christ can live in me. Not many want to do this because it means giving up control--it means surrender. In My Utmost for His Highest (updated edition), Oswald Chambers describes it this way:
"After the decision to be identified with Jesus in His death has been made, the resurrection life of Jesus penetrates every bit of my human nature. It takes the omnipotence of God--His complete and effective divinity--to live the life of the Son of God in human flesh. The Holy Spirit cannot be accepted as a guest in merely one room of the house--He invades all of it. And once I decide that my 'old man' (that is, my heredity of sin) should be identified with the death of Jesus, the Holy Spirit invades me. He takes charge of everything. My part is to walk in the light and to obey all that He reveals to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com